Monday, November 29, 2010

Refused

Refused are fucking dead. or at least that's what the headline of their myspace reads. this innovative punk band was from Umeå, Sweden and survived from 1991-1998, and went through bass players like a fat kid on pizza slices. they released a self titled demo, a couple singles/EP's, and 3 studio albums; the last being their most forward, progressive, and definitive release- The Shape Of Punk To Come: A Chemerical Bombination In 12 Bursts- the name of which is derived from an old jazz album "The Shape Of Jazz To Come".

I was introduced to Refused through the soundtrack on Tony Hawk's Underground (T.H.U.G.) which featured the song "New Noise" off of their final album- so I went out of my way to find that album. I dare say, Refused got me into punk and kept my interest better than anyone has been able to. I still sit down and listen to that album all the way through some mornings while I'm getting ready for work or whatever I'm doing.

anyway,
enjoy :)